SCSO provided periodical air measurements in accordance with the Turkish and international regulations at the Site and were ensure and keep the Site air asbestos concentration below 0,1 fiber/cm3 during the execution of the Works.
The Scope of Works includes but not limited to:
- Isolation and quarantine of Asbestos Dismantling and Cleaning Areas from its environment
- Dismantling all required mechanical and insulation materials involves asbestos material (valves, boiler, boiler roof, turbine, air heater unit, Reheat Steam Line, Main Steam Line, LP-HP Turbine By valve, etc.), without any quantity limitation, in the isolation ward, quarantined areas
- Dismantling all required mechanical and insulation materials involves asbestos material without any quantity limitation, in accordance with the DWG No. Wm0US00-92400- “Insulation Work Procedure Detail”, which indicates asbestos scope.
- Supply required asbestos isolation material and providing clean valve closure (+/-50 cm from both side of valves) in accordance with the Specifications and international standards.
- Providing adverse/opposite air pressure system in the turbine building
- Supply and use of nylon under the pipelines during the execution of Asbestos Dismantling and Cleaning Works
- Upon completion of the Asbestos Dismantling and Cleaning Works, execution of detailed cleaning works and washing the working area periodically with water, or special components in accordance with the Turkish and international standards.
- Collecting, packing and transfer of asbestos material to the designated closed areas at Site.
- Monitoring, observing and recording of air measurements to ensure safe working area
- Analyzing and reporting of all test results to GAMA and ensure safety precautions for all GAMA and Subcontractor’s personnel.
- Providing all required health and safety materials (including but not limited to; all safety warning signs, tags, band, strip and all required health and safety materials, including personnel protection equipment) and ensure use of health and safety materials
- All labelling and tagging works
- Providing all required personal protection equipment for the asbestos dismantling and cleaning works (including but not limited to; all kind of masks, Mask with P3 filter, gloves, overalls, etc.) for the Subcontractor’s personnel
- Ensure use of the personal protection equipment during the execution of the Works
- Supply and provide of all required tools, hand tools, consumables, materials.
- Preparation of Method of Statement documents prior to commencement of the Works
- Preparation and periodically submission of Process Report, upon completion of the Works
- Providing 8 (Eight) “hygiene room” (container) consist of 3 separated room, for the personnel protection equipment changing, showering and wearing of new clothes for the Subcontractor’s personnel.
- Ensure safety working area during the execution of the works.
- Providing minimum 90 (Sixty) Asbestos Dismantling and Cleaning Specialists and 1 (one) Project Manager for the execution of the Asbestos Dismantling and Cleaning Works for the general site Asbestos Dismantling and Cleaning Works.