SCSO provided periodical air measurements in accordance with the Turkish and international regulations at the Site and were ensure and keep the Site air asbestos concentration below 0,1 fiber/cm3 during the execution of the Works.
The Scope of Works includes but not limited to:
The Repair Work Procedures of the Damaged Concrete at the Entrance of Stack was including but not limited to:
- The repair Plan of the Embedded Metals of the Stack
- Since the concrete of the stack is become fragile by the chemical attacks of boiler exhaust gas, existing embedded metals had been almost removed.
- It is difficult to repair the damaged concrete while keeping the fire brick, therefore the locations of the anchor bolts will be shifted outer on the healthy concrete area.
- Surface cleaning by high-pressure water and chipping of damaged concrete.
- Remove existing anchor bolts and support plates.
- Check of Alkali content in the concrete by using the phenolphthalein solution.
- Installed additional stud bolts for the adhesion between new and existing concrete.
- Installation of the wire mesh and connection with stud bolts.
- Installation of the chemical anchor bolt for the duct connection.
- Surface finishing by acid-resistant paint.